What is SEO and why is it important?
Search Engine Optimization is a broad topic encompassing many different aspects. We can help you with all of them.
There’s what’s called “on-page” SEO and “off-page” SEO. And SEO refers, in general, to optimizing content for the search engine. What that means is search engines like Google or Bing “crawl” your website. The search engines are looking for different indicators both good and bad, and those indicators relay information to the search engine.
With that information in hand, the search engine rates your website and gives it “points” or “anti-points” moving your website up or down in rankings.
Let’s use a concrete example. When we post a blog article, here are some examples of what we do to optimize for search engines.
- We look up what people are talking about and searching for, so your articles are relevant.
- We pay attention to the title. We know that some types of titles perform better than other.
- We format the copy so it’s easy to read online and easy to crawl.
- We organize the copy so it’s easy to understand what the article is about (crawlability).
- We may include a few high-quality outbound links.
- We may include a few high-quality internal links (links within your website.)